Stovetop Chicken & Mushrooms

I'll admit I’m not the best planner, so having staples around the kitchen is ideal so I can throw together a quick meal. I threw this together last minute and it turned out great in under 20 minutes!

Stovetop Chicken & Mushrooms

Ingredients:

1 chicken breast
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
5-7 mushrooms
Italian seasoning or dried oregano, basil & thyme
sea salt & pepper
1 Tbsp coconut oil

Chop onion and garlic and sautee in coconut oil on stove top (medium heat) until onions are clear (1-2 minutes). Cut chicken into bit size pieces, season with sea salt & pepper and italian seasoning (or any of the above seasonings). Throw chicken in pan with onion and cook until chicken is no longer pink (all the way through). Slice mushrooms and throw on top of chicken. Cook until mushrooms exude their juices (about 5-7 mins). Taste test and add any more seasonings. You can also add a 1/4 cup of chicken stock (if I had any on hand I would have added this to moisten the chicken and add even more flavor). Serve over brown or wild rice.


Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more delicious recipes the whole family will love!

Enjoy!

Click here to start cooking SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram