Chocolate Chip Cookies

I LOVE a great chocolate chip cookie.  I never make them because I know I'll be filled with guilt when I eat so many at a time.  I usually end up with a tummy ache (I have no self control). So I avoid them like the plague UNTIL NOW!!


I tried this recipe from the Fixate cookbook by Autimn Calabrese and its incredible.  A guilt free chocolate chip cookie is right up  my alley.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I have!

The best part is that they are super simple and quick to whip up after dinner and as a busy mom - simple is exactly what I need. If you haven't gotten your hands on this cookbook yet... You need to!!

I'll be giving away a free copy via my FB page so make sure to stay tuned 😊

If you'd like to get your very own copy please feel free to contact me at jackiepetersonfitness@gmail.com or click HERE.



Ingredients:

3 cups almond flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
1 large egg
2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
1 tsp pure vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark (my fav) chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Combine almond flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; mix well
4. Beat oil and maple syrup in a large mixer bowl until creamy, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add egg, egg whites, and extract; beat for 2 mins
6. Add almond flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
7. Add chocolate chips, mix until blended.
8. Drop onto baking sheet and flatten cookies.  Bake for 14 to 16 minutes.

Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more recipes the whole family will love!
Click here to start cooking SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram