Crock Pot Rosemary Lemon Chicken

One of my favorite meals has always been Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken adapted from Ina Garten.  It's a classic Sunday night meal for us in the fall and winter. Recently, I've become obsessed with the crock pot and so I decided to try the recipe in there to make it a little simpler for our busy life. I just have to say it was 10x more flavorful and delicious in the crock pot. The meat was juicy and falling off the bone sand had SO much flavor! I don't think I'll ever go back to the oven roasted version!

Ingredients:

1 large whole rotisserie chicken
1 bulb of garlic 
1 lemon 
I large onion
3-4 large carrots 
4 -5 potatoes
2 tablespoons of dried oregano
2 tablespoons of dried or fresh Rosemary
Salt and pepper 
1 tablespoon of olive oil

Directions:

Slice carrots, dice potatoes and onion and throw in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rinse chicken and inside cavity, pat dry. Break the bulb of garlic in half and stuff inside chicken cavity.  Cut lemon in half and stuff half inside chicken cavity. Sprinkle all the oregano and Rosemary inside chicken cavity. Close legs and place the whole chicken in the crock pot on top of veggies.  Pour olive oil on top of chicken and sprinkle on salt and pepper, rub into the skin. Cook on slow for 4-8 hours or on high for 2-4. Serve alone or with brown rice.


Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more delicious recipes the whole family will love!

Enjoy!

Click here to start cooking SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS!

1 comment

Follow @ Instagram