Gluten Free Brownies




I wanted to do something special with my 3 year old today and I know she LOVES chocolate and she loves baking with me.  I haven't baked in a long time because #1  We've been trying to keep her away from the constant treats and off of as much dairy as possible because she's developed a slight intolerance to it.  And #2 I don't want to be tempted by all the sweets either as I'm in this 80 Day Obsession Test Group and dealing with my own food sensitivites (more on that later).

However, there are some really yummy treats that I get to enjoy as part of this meal plan.  Anyone who knows me well knows I'm a chocaholic and more specifically I'm a chocolate brownie-aholic.  Give me a great brownie, throw a little ice cream on top and I'm a happy gal. Seriously, though. I was known in college to have fought my boyfriend (now husband) over a brownie.  I honestly don't know how he married me after that incident (which I still to this day will deny).

Today I tested out the gluten free brownie recipe from Fixate and I have to say Nora and I were both quite pleased with the results!  If you've been following me for awhile you may remember a ways back when I made these gluten free brownies with black beans (click here to see recipe).  I have to say they are both GREAT recipes.  And while I haven't made the black bean brownies in awhile I'm now interested to compare which I like better.

Either way you go.. if you're telling me I can have chocolate brownies and not feel guilty - I'm IN!

Here's what you need:

1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans.  Rinsed and drained.
1/4 cup of butter (or extra virgin coconut oil)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch sea salt
1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
  • Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a food processor; cover.  Blend until smooth.
  • Add chocolate chips; mix by hand until blended.
  • Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
  • Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out clean.
  • Cut into squares.
  • Enjoy!
The batter wasn't my favorite, but I was actually quite surprised with how they turned out!  And then... I had to soup them up a bit and came up with this creation.



Top brownie with plain greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey, blueberries, 1 tsp peanut butter - mix it up and dig in!!!  This was the best part! It totally tasted like my favorite brownie and ice cream combo - minus the guilt!

Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more recipes the whole family will enjoy!

Enjoy friends!

xoxo

Jackie

Are you a mom looking for to get healthy + fit and STOP the guilt cycle of eating the foods you love?  Are you looking for more delicious recipes that your whole family can enjoy? You might be a great fit for Body Back Bootcamp.  Body Back Bootcamp is my 4 week fitness + nutrition program that focuses on helping moms get toned legs, abs and butt and create healthy habits that leave you feeling energized and guiltless while burning fat!  Click here to learn more about Body Back Bootcamp.


Click here to start cooking SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram