My First Workouts Post Partum





I wanted to take a minute to flashback to just 7 months ago when I started back on my post partum journey for the 2nd time.  I remember exactly what it felt like - the daunting feeling of starting over, the lack of motivation, yet the desire to change and I hope that in showing you this it inspires just one new mom to get back at it!  The hardest part of the whole post partum journey is simply STARTING - that's it!

6 weeks post partum after 2nd baby


My first workout at 7 weeks after having Sofia was anything but perfect.  I honestly had gotten to the place where I was so content snuggling on the couch with my new baby  (not to mention being exhausted after sleepless nights) that I certainly didn't even want to make time to exercise.  My three year old was extra needy at the time because she was coping with only child syndrome to suddenly having this new little nugget that took all of mommy's time so I had to spend a lot of my extra time with her.

However, I had the desire to change.  I had the desire to get my hormones back in balance. I had the desire to lose the belly pooch and I had the desire to start fitting in my normal clothes again and feel confident about me!

It took me some time to get up the gumption and get off the couch but when I made the decision to start I just went for it!  At about 7 weeks post partum I did my first workout and ...

it was a complete disaster.  I took about 17 breaks for changing diapers, nursing the baby, toddler crawling all over me and then just simply taking breaks to BREATHE! You can watch the video below for proof of the craziness haha!

It was anything but easy but each day I just kept going.  I tried a little bit and things went a bit smoother each day.  I started to just expect interruptions and didn't worry to much about it if I didn't make it through a whole workout but just focused on the small wins each and every day.




I could focus on the fact that exercising has truly helped me through some of my toughest post partum days and helped me gain confidence and self love again.  But what is really important to understand is that gaining self love is just as much a journey as the physical side of things.


I'm so proud of the progress I have made so far.  I couldn't tell you exactly how much weight I've lost.  Somewhere around 20lbs since the first picture was taken but I honestly don't really care.  To me health is SO much more than a number on the scale.  Its a feeling, its a confidence, its energy to play with your kids, its being able to deal with stress in a healthy way, wear your jeans with confidence,  losing the feeling of sheer exhaustion, balancing hormones, feeling STRONG and loving who you are.

It takes you consistently and consciously exercising your will power to look at yourself with positivity and choose JOY which is not always easy to do.  That has been my biggest struggle in the past 9 months but once I found that joy my body progress followed.


Yes, my abs have reappeared, my jeans fit great, I can feel confident rocking a swim suite again BUT I will always focus on the NON physical benefits of exercise because that is TRULY the biggest difference between these photos.  The mental and emotional health are in my opinion WAY more important than the physical.  Eating healthy and exercise can help you get there and will help you feel more empowered as a woman.  Its hard to feel bad about a body you are taking care of and the feeling of personal growth in your life!

Exercise has helped me through the roughest days of postpartum life.  It helped me regain love for myself again when everything else felt like a struggle.  Its made me stronger as a mom but the mental journey has been much more a process for me than the physical one and its still ongoing.  There's been so many ups and downs but I am committed to becoming the best version of myself and taking as many women as possible with me!  Are you coming?



Do you want in on my secrets for getting flat abs again after baby?  Download my free guide 3 Secrets for Flab Abs After Baby here.







Click here for your FREE GUIDE - 3 Secrets for Flat Abs After Baby

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram