Turkey Meatloaf Muffins {Gluten Free}






One of our house favorites is meatloaf.  Literally, everyone in our family LOVES it.  

However, sometimes meatloaf can take quite awhile to bake and this mama ain't got time for that.  It is also generally loaded with grains and/or breadcrumbs that really aren't the healthiest option.  Now, I am not gluten free but I do know that gluten is really not the healthiest food long term because it causes inflammation in most people.

Did you know that high levels of gluten (and inflammation) has been linked to most brain disorders such as Alzheimers, dementia, depression, anxiety and more?  This is a fact I have recently learned which is why I try to eliminate it more often from my diet.    

So while I wouldn't consider myself grain free, there are simply some foods I eat more of and some foods I eat less of and gluten is one I try to eat less of.

This recipe is great for saving you some time and also being able to enjoy your favorite comfort food without the added grains.

These turkey meatloaf muffins have quickly become a staple in my weekly meal plan and my husband and kids LOVE them. I like to make a double batch and eat the leftovers for lunch for the next couple of days. 

Note: You can also make them with ground chicken.

Calories: 124 (per muffin) Makes 12 muffins

Fats: 2.3 grams

Carbs: 5.9 grams

Protein: 20.2 grams

Ingredients:


2 lbs 99/1 ground turkey
3 egg whites
1-2 TBSP tomato paste
1 cup gluten free cooking oats
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 cup low sodium organic chicken broth
½ tsp coconut oil or olive oil

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with olive oil.
3. On stove top sauté onion in coconut oil or olive oil until clear, add tomato paste, salt, pepper and rosemary, stir. Then add chicken broth. Let ingredients simmer for 2-3 minutes more.

3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl add onion mixture to bowl.

4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.

5. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.


Makes 12 muffins.

I like to serve them with baked sweet potatoes and a salad.

ENJOY!

If you want more recipes, check out my Simple + Healthy Meals for Real Moms Cookbook eBook! 
Click here to start cooking SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram