Blog & ADD


My blog is finally live! If I don't know you personally already - WELCOME!  Here's a little snap shot of me and what you can expect to find here in the weeks to come :)

I've had a love for sports and fitness for as long as I can remember.  I've always been fascinated by the human body and how it works.  But what I quickly realized while I was going through school is that my creative brain just didn't mesh with science.  I changed my major multiple times in college, thinking I was destined for a career in sports and/or medicine but, clearly, that didn't work out.  

While I had this desire to learn about nutrition, health and the human body I just didn't excel in that area academically.  After nearly flunking out of my first advanced college science courses {not to mention being bored out of my mind in lectures} I realized it was just NOT meant to be. But what I learned is that I did have this desire and God given talent {with awards to show for} to create content through written word.  And so, that was the direction I ultimately took after bouncing around LOTS of different options.

Its no wonder I had career ADD for SO long!  I won't go into great detail, you can read more about my story here.  Long story short, I jumped around from idea to idea trying to figure out what I could really be good at and would fulfill God's purpose for my life.  I can honestly say in a MILLION years that I never thought becoming a Beachbody Coach would be that "thing" for me.  Its certainly not the traditional career I thought I would have with a title like doctor, teacher, trainer or journalist {the paths I thought I would have taken}.  But little did I know that God had other plans.  

In some sort of crazy way I'm now getting to do all those things that I thought I would do compiled into one amazingly {dreamy} job.  The truth is that none of those traditional careers ever would have satisfied a longing in my heart to do more.  I've naturally got this entrepreneurial spirit that doesn't enjoy taking orders from others {but who does really?} and I certainly could never stand to be stuck inside a school, office, clinic, hospital, gym {you name it} all day.  I have this desire to feel and see the world around me, do as I please, and get up and go at any moment in time.  And thankfully being a Coach provides all of the above!

You see, now that I'm a Coach I get to have it all!  I most certainly am not a teacher but I get to teach people how to live healthier lives every day. I teach people the principles of clean eating and how to implement that into their hectic schedules.  I get to teach people how to build their own businesses much like mine and I get to teach people how to FIND health & happiness. And I am DEFINITELY not a doctor but I have the ability to help prevent people from HAVING to go to the doctor by giving them the gift of good health.  I get to research new options in nutrition and I get to share them with my clients.  And as you know, I am not a journalist BUT I get to write and be creative EVERY day.  And that is my purpose for creating this blog.  To share all my passions, knowledge, value and tid- bits of information with anyone who may need it.

My vision for this is to inspire others to take chances, LEARN, GROW and SHINE in their life, health and happiness.  I feel that God intended for me to write and so that's what I'm going to do.  Its something I've wanted to create for a long time coming but if you've been following my journey you know I have a baby girl.  And well, there's only so much I've been able to do in this crazy amazing first year as a parent.  But here it is! I've finally got it togetha!

I'll be continually updating with new recipes, workouts, inspiration, devotion, fitness and nutrition tips and MUCH more on my journey. 

I hope that if you're reading this I leave you inspired and knowing without a doubt in your heart that wherever you are on your journey -- God has a plan to prosper you!  

Until next time.

xoxo

Jackie
  




Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram