Devotion: Don't settle

I remember feeling like I had been given everything in life I was destined to have.  I was happy but I was truly fulfilled.  As much as I wanted to be a wife and mother I just longed to do something more.  My heart and my brain needed to do something more.  I made the mistake of throwing in the towel at one point and thinking that just wasn't part of my destiny.  I'd submit to the lot God had given me but each and every day I just felt like I had so much more to give.  Living this complacent life where I wasn't truly growing and stretching and using my talents and gifts was NOT what I wanted but what I thought I had to settle for at least at that point in my life.
I'm here today to tell you from experience if you've ever felt the same way...
Don't make the mistake of settling for "good enough." Good enough is not your destiny. You are made from the almighty God with greatness inside of you.
Use all of The gifts God has given you To the fullest capacity. Have the attitude of, "I'm not letting good enough be good enough. I was created for greatness. I was created to live a healthy, prosperous life. I was created to overcome obstacles and live a life of freedom and passion. I was created for greatness!! I'm not settling, I'm stretching. I'm going to let go of things that didn't work out in my life and look forward to the new things God has in store for me."
If you've become comfortable with complacency and accepted that this is your life don't believe that! Don't accept good enough as your destiny.
I thought for so long I thought I would never find my purpose or passion. I thought that I was destined to live this life of complacency never feeling truly fulfilled or living up to the potential God gave to me. But there came a day when I said that was enough! What is life worth if we can't enjoy every single waking moment and live an amazing life that God wants us to?
I went on a search for what that was and where I ended up was not where I had originally thought I would have been. If you'd have told me I would have found my dream and passion by becoming a Beachbody coach -- I would've told you that was crazy just a couple years ago. But I took a risk, I walked through a door God presented to me without questioning his motives. Knowing that the opportunities and relationships he put in front of me were not by chance. It was his plan.
So if you are feeling lost, complacent or confused on your path ...
wTake a risk on yourself and pursue new adventures. It's time to move forward. To pursue new opportunities, new relationships, new promotions, new ideas. It's time to think out if he box and stir up the dreams and promises you've pushed down for so long.

The crazy thing is that God has it all figured out. He's placed certain people and messages like this one in your life for a specific purpose. He's put you on the path you are on for a reason. He will open doors for you that you may not have seen before. Just because you gave up on a dream doesn't mean God did. God still has a victorious plan for you. Open your eyes and ears to everything he presents you with. It may be disguised as something you wouldn't have imagined but it's probably right in front of your eyes.  Its just up to you now to take the risk and go get it!

xoxo

Jackie


Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram