3 Tips for Mom to Surviving TEETHING



I don't know about you but when my baby is teething {like right now} I get frustrated easily because NEITHER of us get sleep and time to myself is Next to none! I love my baby more than anything and just want her to be free from pain.. But there's only so much we can do as moms. I'm sure we all know lots of pain relief options for our babies but how do we as moms cope with the stress of those long days and nights with fussy babies??
I don't know if you can relate but during these constant nurturing sessions, rocking, soothing and loving on them ...finding a way to SANELY survive is not easy for me. I really try to appreciate the cuddle time but there's only so much fussiness I can handle in one day BUT
Today I learned a lot about surviving these moments after a LONG night awake with her.
So here's my three top tips for mom:
1. Nap when your baby actually naps! {lesson learned for me}. This was easy for me to do when she was a tiny infant but now that she's a year old I've moved past the whole "sleep when she sleeps" thing so I tried to stay up and get things done in the off hours. Big mistake! Prepare yourself for more sleepless nights and nap whenever you possibly can!
2. Retail therapy!
Get out and about during the day. Put your baby in the stroller and head to the mall! You really kill three birds with one stone here. It gets you sane out of the house and excited by shopping {what more of an excuse do you need} plus, your baby is entertained and distracted and you get some light exercise walking around instead of sitting at home.
Last And MOST importantly {in my opinion}
3. Nutrition!!!!
Fuel your body with a dense dose of nutrition to keep your energy up and keep up with your baby ! Eating clean nutrition dense foods as much as possible will help you feel better overall and keep you from dragging throughout the day when your baby needs you most! You'll notice a big difference!! You might be asking yourself.. "How the heck can I have time for that while I'm tending to my little one 24/7?" For me My dense superfood shake does the trick. I can get all my nutrients and energy and whip up my meal in about 30 secs flat. It gets me through those hard nights and days. I had my shake for dinner tonight {SO easy} in anticipation of a rough night ahead.  I honestly don't know what I'd do without this simple solution.
Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for recipes the whole family will enjoy!

I hope these tips help you as much as they have helped me over the past day or two! 

Good luck mamas! Here's to another night!
Xoxo

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram