Flourless Peanut Butter Chip Brownies (with Chocolate Shakeology)


The Everyone knows I LOVE my chocolate.  Its one thing I will never give up!  I used to have an obsession for brownies that was kind of scary (like I would fight you over the last brownie if I had to).  Now that I have a somewhat better relationship with food (haha) I can handle myself and I don't NEED brownies and sugar like I used to but I still LOVE my chocolate favorites and I'm always looking for ways to create healthier versions of the sweet treats I love so much.


This recipe originally came from blogger, Katie Farrell, but I adapted it just a little bit to make it better!  I made these for the first time on Father's Day not planning bring them to the event because I wasn't sure they would ACTUALLY taste good... it was more of an experiment but after I baked and tasted them I had to bring them!!!  No one could even tell they were "healthy" hahhaha I love tricking people into eating healthy food and they don't even know it :)  Too bad my family knows I would never bring REAL brownies, so they asked me what they "really" were.  But nonetheless they enjoyed them!

They were SO moist and chocolately - just like your typical chocolate fudge brownie but BETTER!!



Try them out and let me know what you think!  These are definitely going to be a staple dessert in my house from now on.  And better yet, its super easy to make them!

Ingredients:

1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed well
2 large eggs
2 tbs natural peanut butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 cup Chocolate Shakeology (I used vegan but you could use either) or just use unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup baking stevia (I used Truvia)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup peanut butter chips


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.  Spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter.  Place beans, eggs, peanut butter, honey, vinegar, Shakeology/cocoa powder, baking stevia, baking powder, almond milk, baking soda, and salt into a food processor or blender and blend batter until its smooth.  Stir in the peanut butter chips and pour mixture into baking pan, spread it out evenly.

2. Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let it cool and cut into 9 brownies.  Store leftovers in fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to a month!


Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more delicious recipes the whole family will love!

Enjoy!


Click here to start cooking SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram