National Breastfeeding Week - Common Questions Answered

***I hear Its national breastfeeding week — definitely something to celebrate!****

I’ve been nursing my daughter for almost 16 months and I am SO thankful that I’ve been able to give her that gift.  It certainly wasn’t easy … It didn’t come naturally to me.  I went through lots and lots of tears along the way but it was certainly all worth it.  

I will say I’m getting to the point where I’m ready to have my body to myself before we even THINK about having another baby (I’m sure some of you can relate) but I just don’t have the heart to say goodbye to it because although I’m ready to be done, I don’t think Nora quite is. 

Question for you… how did you start weaning your little one?

I also get LOTS of questions from nursing moms concerning two main topics, so I thought I’d share.

  1. Can I work out while nursing my baby? 
  2. Is Shakeology safe while I’m nursing my baby?

Here’s my answer.  And while I’m certainly not an expert in this area .. I always recommend consulting with your doctor or midwife but what I can offer is my own personal experience and the experience of others that I’ve worked with.

I’ve personally been working out since I was 6 week post partum.  I’ve done various Beachbody programs including 21 day fix, PiYo, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Insanity Max 30 and Body Beast.  Slowly working my way up the level of difficulty to see how my body responded.  

I NEVER saw a decrease in my milk supply but as I did more intense workouts I did what felt right for my body and added MORE calories!!!  The biggest thing I tell my nursing clients like myself is that you have to EAT more and be aware of the signals your body is giving you.

On Shakeology - I have also personally been drinking it since I was 18 weeks pregnant and seen nothing but positive results and a heavy supply.  Please consult with your doctor - but in my own experience I can’t imagine NOT giving my baby the same INCREDIBLE superfood nutrition that I’m getting (that would just be selfish to me).  

I didn’t always use it as a meal replacement if I needed more calories but I have been drinking it EVERY SINGLE DAY since before I had my baby.  And she is one healthy little chunker!!! I honestly wish that more moms asked this question about EVERYTHING they put into their bodies (including ice cream, soda and processed foods).  I’m the type of person that looks at EVERY ingredient of what I’m eating to make sure its CLEAN and has nothing harmful or chemical in it before I eat it or give it to my baby - and Shakeology was no different.  

Congrats to ALL the moms out there who do the best they can to give their babies good nutrition - you deserve a pat on the back!  And if you ever have questions PLEASE don’t hesitate to shoot me a message.  


I LOVE working with other nursing moms to help you feel and look your best while giving your little one MORE than the best!!!


Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram