3 Steps to Overcoming Mom Guilt




Hi, friends!

For those visiting my website for the first time, my name is Jackie! I am a wife, mama of two, and a health and fitness coach on a mission to get moms healthy while honoring their priorities. I believe, that as mothers, when we set good examples of happiness, health, and confidence, we position ourselves to raise confident, joyful, healthy humans, ultimately making this world a better place.

Mothers feel a whirlwind of emotions on a daily basis, and one of those emotions is one I have felt several times before – mom guilt.

Although I have overcome waves of mom guilt, it still trickles in from time to time, and the truth is, we feel guilty for just about anything – asking for help, taking time for ourselves, saying “no” to our kids, spending money on ourselves, and the list goes on!

We have this unspoken, innate urge to be 100% selfless, 100% of the time, doing everything under the sun for our families without investing time in ourselves. The truth is, prioritizing self-care makes our families so much better! I’ve had the pleasure of working with several incredible women, and nearly all of my clients have battled with mom guilt. Well, I’m here to tell you that the guilt must stop, and it’s time you enjoy a much-deserved break! Leave the dishes in the sink for a few hours or ask your kids to play by themselves for a little while so you can take time to do something for yourself such as exercising, reading, or whatever makes you feel rejuvenated.

When you ask for a timeout to enjoy a bubble bath, 30-minute workout, or a cat nap, you come back to your tribe more fulfilled, ready to love on your family as the best version of yourself. The good news is, overcoming mom guilt is entirely possible! Here are a few tips to help shed that guilt:


1. Think about what you want to model for your kids: Your kids love you because you are their mom, not because you are striving to be perfect, and their love is perfection in itself. And, really, when you give the best version of yourself, you model what happiness looks like, and they need to see more of that. We need to be leaders, showing our kids the path to happiness. By taking time to do things we enjoy, they will do the same for themselves in the future.


2. Time for yourself is good for your relationship – I remember when I would feel guilty for asking my husband for help. Then again, I felt worse when taking my frustrations out on him. Truth be told, our partners often get the brunt of our frustration, and that is not fair. When you take time to recharge, you can give so much more to your spouse, and that is what your partner wants – a joyful you! Lean on your partner. After all, they are there to support you, good times and bad.


3. Understand that every day will not be perfect – Some days, you will be an amazing mom. Some days, you will be good enough. Both versions are perfectly fine. Our guilt often comes from unrealistic expectations. Treat yourself with kindness and grace, focusing on being the best version of you. Leave the unrealistic expectations behind, and watch your mom guilt disappear.

Putting an end to mom guilt starts with changing the way you care for yourself. Create a life you want to model for your children. Beginning April 2nd, I am hosting a “Body after Baby” Online Boot Camp!

I want to teach you how to take care of your body, making you and your family better as a result. Month after month, I have clients who experience better moods and happier relationships, thanks to the physical and mental transformations taking place in my boot camp. I would love to work with you to create a healthier home for you and your family. You can click HERE to learn more about Body After Baby Bootcamp.

I'm also hosting a FREE Webinar on Wednesday March 28th on How to Balance Fitness + Motherhood Without Much Time, And Without Guilt or Stress. You can sign up for that by clicking HERE.

Having health and happiness, sans mom guilt, is a goal we can most certainly achieve! I look forward to working with you, and please do not hesitate to ask me any questions. As always, thanks for reading!



XOXO,


Jackie




Join the Body After Baby Program here!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram