How to Have a Healthy Mindset During Pregnancy




If I've learned one thing during my pregnancy its that mindset is everything. Honestly this is the case in most areas of life (certainly in health and fitness) but especially during pregnancy.


Pregnancy is a time when life just gets all around hard. We are emotional basket cases, hormones are up and down and sometimes we just want to wallow in our own self pity (I know I totally do sometimes!)  But the biggest thing I’ve learned is that having a mindset of positivity during your pregnancy can go a LONG way.  You can choose to see this time in your life that’s painful and exhausting, or you can choose to see it as a beautiful God-given gift that you are going to take care of.


I think if you go into your pregnancy believing that you can’t workout and that you can’t eat right, then you won’t.  And if you go into it believing that this is important and you CAN do it, then you will make it a priority.  You’ll put it on your schedule just like any other appointment and you’ll make it happen.  Decide what you can commit to whether that’s 3 workouts a week or 7, and stick with that!

I love the quote that says, "If you believe you can you're right, if you believe you can't you're right." Its all about what you CHOOSE to do.

If you're having a healthy pregnancy and your doctor approves you to stay active the only thing stopping you from exercising is your own mindset and pre-conceived notion about what pregnancy "should' be like. Because I've had the mindset that pregnancy is a time in my life where I want to feel strong, healthy and empowered I've been able to make my workouts and nutrition a priority. Simple as that. If I listened to people who told me pregnancy is a "condition" and I need to be waited on hand and foot or that its dangerous to exercise (which is an old school mentality) then I would not make it a priority or commit.


I recommend diving into some sort of personal development during this time in your life.  Pick up a good book that is going to help improve your mindset or that is going to teach you more about health and pregnancy.  I recommend “The Better Baby Book,” by Lana & David Asprey, "Hypnobirthing Home Study Course," by Kathryn Clark or something that is going to empower you like “Make it Happen” by Lara Casey.


Most importantly, make it fun!  Don’t overthink everything. Relax, listen to your body and take care of yourself - mentally and physically.  For your body to be in peak physical state, it means taking care of yourself in all areas.  Stop worrying about being perfect, having the perfect schedule, the perfect pregnancy and the perfect fitness routine.  Be a perfectly flawed you and OWN IT!  If you’re stressing about missing a workout, just stop and take a deep breathe.  Your baby deserves for you to be stress free and joyful!


And be sure to follow me on social media for more motivation, tips and inspiring messages:






1 comment

  1. Great article. Keep Posting. Amazing Blog.
    We are specialized in capturing your Newborn babies beautiful memories. Our session of Newborn baby Photography in New Delhi, NCR and Gurgaon are enjoyable for the both parents and children. For the quote of newborn baby Photography contact us freely. New Born Photography in Noida http://www.mybaby247.com/newborn-baby-photography-mybaby247/ May your life be filled with love and peace with your newest arrival!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram